The Village of Woodlawn Master Plan was commenced in 2006. The Master Plan was designed to help the Village’s officials, administration, residents and business operators develop a shared understanding of Woodlawn’s future needs and the best strategies for ensuring a successful future. Like many older suburban communities, Woodlawn benefits from a number of assets, but it also faces a number of challenges, both today and into the future. The Village understood from the beginning that their Master Plan must achieve several goals:
• The Master Plan must be based on a clear-eyed, realistic evaluation of the Village, including its assets, its challenges, its regional context and the likely impacts of these issues over the coming 10 to 20 years.
• The Master Plan must draw on the meaningful, active feedback of the Village’s stakeholders, including its residents, its business operators and its own municipal staff.
• The Master Plan must develop a vivid statement of its Vision for its future – a statement that encapsulates the direction in which the Village intends to grow.
• The Master Plan must design an ambitious but achievable program of improvements that will give the Village the capacity and the methods for achieving that Vision.
• The Master Plan must lay the groundwork for its implementation by developing a specific plan of action for making its recommendations become reality.
This document reflects the best efforts of a large number of Woodlawn residents, officials, business operators and others to meet these high goals.
Table of Contents & Acknowledgements
2. Existing Conditions
3. Concept Areas Analysis
4. Market Analysis
5. Selected Public Feedback
6. The Master Plan Vision
7. Plan Element #1: Vibrant Residential Communities - Part 1
All sections are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. Click here for reader.