PLEASE REVIEW AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Inside this packet, you will find the following:
- A job description for the position of Police Officer. Please retain this for your records.
- A description of the wages and benefits for the position. Please retain this for your records.
- An explanation of the upcoming selection process. Please retain this for your records.
- An application form and background questionnaire to be filled out and returned. All sections must be fully completed. Note that copies of the following must be returned with your packet:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ohio Peace Officer certification
- Driver’s license
- DD Form 214 (if applicable)
- An “Authorization for Release of Information” form. This form must be notarized and returned.
- Four copies of an “Authorization for Release of Information – Current and former employees” form. Complete and return one for each of your current and former employers. Copy the form as needed. (Your signature must be witnessed, but need not be notarized.)
- Two copies of a “Disclosure of Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Authorization to Obtain Credit or Consumer Information” form. Retain one copy for your records, complete and return the other.
(Note that many of the forms are printed on both sides of the page. Be sure to complete all information.)
Your completed packet, containing the documents detailed above, must be returned to the Woodlawn Police Division, 10143 Woodlawn Blvd., Woodlawn, OH 45215, Attn: Chief Aaron L. Tillman III.
You may feel free to include any other relevant documentation if you wish, such as a resume, letters of reference or recommendation, etc., however, only the items listed above are required at this time.
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the Woodlawn Police Division.