WAGES & BENEFITS
The Woodlawn Police Division consists of the following personnel:
Chief of Police, Assistant Chief, Lieutenant (1), Staff Sergeant (1), Patrol Sergeants (4), Patrol Officers (10), Canine Officer (1), Detectives (2), Auxiliary Officers (4), Mayor’s Court Clerk, Police Clerk/Assistant Mayor’s Court Clerk (1), School Crossing Guards (2).
The Patrol Section is currently organized into four squads, each with a Sergeant and two Patrol Officers. Patrol squads work 12-hour shifts (6 am – 6 pm / 6 pm – 6 am), with alternating three-day weekends off. Shifts switch every four months.
As of 04-09-17, wages and benefits include the following:
- Starting wage range is $20.12/hr.-$26.75hr.
- Enrollment in Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund, with 4.75% employer pickup of employee contribution.
- ETO (Earned Time Off) shift every third pay cycle due to hours “banked” under 12-hour work schedule.
- Vacation accrued annually; 80 hours after the first year.
- Eighty hours holiday pay plus one floating holiday (equivalent to 1 work shift).
- Paid sick leave, accrued at ten hours per month.
- Twenty-four hours personal leave available per year.
- Health, dental, and optical insurance (with the employer and employee premium contributions).
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer contribution.
- Group life insurance equal to 1X annual salary (rounded to next $1K).
- Additional group life insurance available employee’s expense.
- Short and long term disability insurance available at employee’s expense.
- Note: Some benefits are pro-rated during the first year based on starting date.