The Public Works Department provides integral services to our community every day. Our department’s mission is to maintain the Village’s thoroughfares so as to ensure the safe movement for both vehicular and pedestrian travel, and to oversee the efficient operation of the recycling program. Developing and offering a quality, and effective, efficient service to a vibrant, and active, attractive community. Provide a service that is aligned with the Municipal Managers' vision as well as supportive of the master plan.
Public Works Department Motto
“Service With Pride"
VILLAGE OF WOODLAWN
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
BRUSH and LEAF PICK-UP POLICY
Curbside Brush and Leaf pick-up is a free service offered to residents of the Village of Woodlawn. Brush pick-up starts on April 1st, each calendar year, and leaf pick-up start on October 1st each calendar year.
Curbside Brush Removal
Village of Woodlawn public works will pick-up brush twice weekly. The following policy pertains to how brush set out at the curbside should be placed for pick-up.
1. In order for public works crews to service all residences, a 15 minutes time limit will be enforced at each stop.
2. The brush should be placed parallel to the curb, bundle, tied, and no longer than 4 ft. in length and 2-3 inches in diameter max.
3. Twigs cannot be picked up; they are considered yard waste and must be disposed of with your regular trash collection. Please keep the brush and limbs separate.
4. There is no leaf pick up during brush pick up.
5. A brush will not be picked up by public works if the above requirements are not met.
6. The maximum weight limit for brush pick up is 75 lbs per bundle. Tree bark exceeding the 75 lb. weight limit will not be picked up by the public works department. Residents must have contractors dump or take to the dump themselves.
No brush will be removed and disposed of by the Village of Woodlawn public works if a resident hires a contractual tree service. Per the Village policy, contractors (whether they are bonded/non-bonded) are responsible for the disposal of trees, tree limbs, etc., cut down on the residential property. There are no exceptions to this policy.
All residence should contact the Village Code Enforcer prior to hiring a contractor to remove any trees on their property to confirm if a permit is required. If a resident is found in violation of this policy they will be subject to being fined. This policy is an addition to the current (Property Maintenance Code). The brush will not be picked up if the above requirements are not adhered to.
Curbside Leaf Pick Up
Leaf pick up begins on October 1st each calendar year. Leaf pick up ends on November 30th each calendar year. Rumpke will pick up leaves provided they are in marked as yard waste in plastic bags, metal/plastic containers, brown waste bags. If the containers are not marked properly, Rumpke will not remove the yard waste.
Curbside Leaf Pick Up
Public Works will not pick up leaves in plastic or paper bags, and waste containers. Leaves should be piled at curbside, not in ditches. Residence should be considerate of others; each stop should be no more than 15 minutes.
The Road Preservation Program
The pavement preservation program is a way for the Village of Woodlawn to extend the useful life of our roads at the lowest possible total cost. This is accomplished with routine maintenance at regular intervals instead of facing full depth replacement of the entire road. Each repair option has different costs associated with them. All roads in the Village have been identified with one of the options below. The options are as follows: