- The Master Plan must be based on a clear-eyed, realistic evaluation of the Village, including its assets, its challenges, its regional context and the likely impacts of these issues over the coming 10 to 20 years.
- The Master Plan must draw on the meaningful, active feedback of the Village’s stakeholders, including its residents, its business operators, and its own municipal staff.
- The Master Plan must develop a vivid statement of its Vision for its future – a statement that encapsulates the direction in which the Village intends to grow.
- The Master Plan must design an ambitious but achievable program of improvements that will give the Village the capacity and the methods for achieving that Vision.
- The Master Plan must lay the groundwork for its implementation by developing a specific plan of action for making its recommendations become reality.
This document reflects the best efforts of a large number of Woodlawn residents, officials, business operators, and others to meet these high goals.
Table of Contents & Acknowledgements
2. Existing Conditions
3. Concept Areas Analysis
4. Market Analysis
5. Selected Public Feedback
6. The Master Plan Vision
7. Plan Element #1: Vibrant Residential Communities - Part 1
- Plan Element #1: Figure 10
- Plan Element #1: Figure 11
- Plan Element #1: Figure 12
- Plan Element #1: Vibrant Residential Communities - Part 2
9. Plan Element #3: Successful Industry
10. Plan Element #4: Welcome to Beautiful Woodlawn
11. The Implementation MatrixAppendix A: Results of Public Participation Activities
All sections are Adobe Acrobat PDF files.