Waste and Recycling Services
The Village of Woodlawn entered into a consortium in 2012 with other municipalities in a joint effort in order to save on cost of waste and recycling services.
Under this agreement, policies and procedures are in place to ensure that residence receive excellent services from Rumpke while saving on cost. The following policies and procedures should be adhered to.
- Trash pick-up is every Friday
- Collection services on all holidays except: Christmas, and New Year’s. Pick-up for these two holidays will be the following work day.
- Cans must be placed at the curb the night before. Waste will not be picked up if not at the curb.
- Garbage must be drained and wrapped and must be placed in plastic bags or issued waste cans, or privately owned cans.
- Rumpke or the Village of Woodlawn is not responsible for damaged plastic or metal garbage cans.
- Regulation size garbage cans must be 20 to 30 gallons only.
- Materials of combustible nature will not be picked up. Hot ashes, gasoline, paint nor thinners, propane cylinders, etc., will not be removed.
- Drums, barrels, buckets, yard and household containers are not considered as garbage cans and will not be accepted and will be removed as trash.
- Residence is only allowed to place (1) large item at the curb per week. Rumpke require to be notified of the large item24 to 48 hours before scheduled pick up. Rumpke’s contact number is 513-851-0122; follow the prompts to speak to an operator.
- Bricks, concrete, tree trunks, auto parts etc., will not be removed by Rumpke or the Village of Woodlawn Public Works.
- Do not fill plastic bags or garbage cans with any material which would take more than one man to handle.
- Do not place any material in paper bags or boxes; they are not considered proper containers.
- Garbage cans and plastic bags must not be over (75) pounds.
- ANY MATERIAL DISCARDED BY A CONTRACTOR MUST BE REMOVED BY THE CONTRACTOR.
- If garbage is blocked by any material it will not be picked up.
- If garbage is considered dangerous to collect it will not be removed.
- Garbage cans and plastic bags must not be overfilled.
- Do not place paper on the ground: Newspaper, telephone books, etc…
- Each pick-up must be limited to (10) bags only.
- Do not bring carpet; mattresses, etc. out on rainy days because it will be too heavy for one man to handle. If possible bring out while the truck is in front of your residence.
- Air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, etc… (Any item that uses Freon, the Freon must be removed by a certified person; also a sticker must be placed on the item by the remover to inform the Operator that Freon has been removed.
- Recyclable items should be placed in the issued recyclable can, or transported to the recycling bins behind Woodlawn Fire Department.
The Village of Woodlawn pays Rumpke Inc. for the above services. It is the residence responsibility to follow the correct procedures so that good customer service is rendered. Failure to adhere to the policies and procedures may result in cost to you for removal.