Village of Woodlawn Government Page
Village of Woodlawn Charter
Council meetings are held on the last Tuesday of each month, beginning at 7:00 P.M. ( Meeting days and times may vary for summer sessions.) Meetings are open to the public. Residents and interested individuals are cordially invited to attend and participate in Council Meetings. Individuals wishing to speak before the Council may sign up to do so before the meeting begins. All meetings are held in Council Chambers, located in the Woodlawn Municipal Building, 10141 Woodlawn Blvd. We look forward to seeing you! See cable access listings for the televised meetings.
For all previous Council and Committee meetings Follow the link below to access ICRC TV
Due to Covid-19, All Village meetings will be held as scheduled on Zoom until further notice!
Village Boards, Committees, and Commissions
All boards and commissions are established by Village Council. The following is a list of Village Boards, Committees and Commissions, and their functions:
The Woodlawn Recreation Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Mayor and Council. The Commission serves as an advisory board to the Village Council regarding the recreation needs of the Village.
Planning CommissionWoodlawn Planning Commission shall consist of five (5) members. The composition of the BOard shall be as follows:
One (1) The Mayor
One (1) council member
Three (3) citizens of the municipality (appointed by the Mayor with the approval of Council).
Planning Commission is responsible for maintaining a Master Plan and the planning and advising of municipal development and redevelopment. The Planning Commission also has responsibilities and powers related to the Woodlawn Zoning Ordinance, including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing proposed zoning amendments and Planned Unit Development (PUD) applications as filed by property owners, and providing recommendations to Village Council.
- Review and approve/disapprove Conditional Use applications.
- Initiate advisable Official Zoning District Map changes or changes in the text of the Code that are in the best interest of the public through a recommendation to the Village Council.
Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month in Council Chambers at 11 AM.
Board of Zoning AppealsThe Board of Appeals (BZA) shall consist of seven (7) Village of Woodlawn residents. The composition of the Board shall be as follows:
- Two (2) members of the Council shall be selected annually by the Council.
- One (1) member of the Planning Commission shall be selected annually by the Commission.
- Four (4) citizens of the Village shall be selected by recommendation of the Mayor with the concurrence of Council. Citizens shall serve a four (4) year staggered terms.
The Woodlawn Board of Zoning Appeals meets as needed. Please check the monthly schedule for meeting times.
Woodlawn Tree Board
The Woodlawn Tree Board consists of five members including the Woodlawn Public Works Director, a member of Council, the Mayor, and two members appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Council. The Board is responsible for developing and administering a comprehensive tree management program for Woodlawn and can make recommendations to Council or the Mayor on any actions they deem necessary for the care and preservation of trees and shrubs in the Village.
Tax Board of Review
A Tax Board of Review exists to hear appeals from any person dissatisfied with any rule or decision of the Tax Commissioner.